Acceptable use policy
This policy applies to anyone using the services that we provide to them.
The customer confirms, warrants and undertakes that in relation to the services it shall not nor shall allow any party on its behalf to:
- Transmit any illegal material or engage in unlawful activities through Client’s use of the Services.
- Send or have sent on its behalf menacing, offensive, defamatory, obscene, indecent or abusive material or any material with the intention or result of affecting the performance of any computer facilities or which threatens, abuses, disrupts or otherwise violates the rights (including rights of privacy) of others.
- Use or permit the use of the Services in a manner that is inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations and codes of practice.
- Use the Services to send bulk unsolicited commercial communications.
- Infringe any third party IPRs or other rights.
- Make available or upload via the Services files or data that the Client knows or reasonably suspects do or may contain a virus, worm, trojan horse or corrupt data.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain access, through whatever means, to areas of DCL’s network or the Services except those which are specifically identified as accessible to the Client.
Changes to this Acceptable Use Policy
We keep our Acceptable Use Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Acceptable Use Policy was last updated on 22 September 2011