Date: July 2023
At Digital Craftsmen, our mission is to become a carbon-neutral business. We are 100% committed to reducing our environmental impact and promoting sustainability in our operations.
We have pledged to do this as a company not only because it is the right thing to do, but also because we are collectively parents, uncles, aunts, sisters and brothers. We care passionately about the world we leave for future generations. We believe it is our responsibility to leave this world in a state that does not impact their quality of life nor the environment in which they are living.
In our personal lives, we are equally committed to generating renewable energy to power our cars, homes and lives. Our technical director Paul Orrock is an active member of solar energy forums and communities freely sharing his advice and support to help educate and support people on their journey towards generating solar energy.
The policy below outlines our commitment to environmental responsibility and the measures we undertake to achieve it. We continually review and update our policies and will share these updates here as we learn what works best and how we can be better.
1. Renewable Energy: We will actively source our electricity from certified green energy providers, prioritising renewable sources such as wind, solar, and hydropower. By transitioning to clean green energy, we reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and contribute to the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
2. Waste Reduction: We are minimising waste generation by implementing efficient practices throughout our business operations, and we extend this to our home offices. This includes reducing paper usage, encouraging digital document management, and supporting responsible use of resources.
3. Responsible Recycling: We are 100% committed to responsibly recycling our old computers and servers to prevent electronic waste from ending up in landfills. We have partnerships with trusted, reputable recycling facilities that follow stringent environmental standards, ensuring the proper disposal and recycling of electronic equipment.
4. Energy Efficiency: We continuously monitor and optimise our energy usage to reduce waste and improve efficiency. This includes utilising energy-efficient hardware, employing virtualisation technologies to maximise server utilisation, and implementing smart cooling systems.
5. Employee Engagement: We actively engage with our team to create a culture of environmental responsibility by educating and engaging our employees in sustainable practices. We encourage them to contribute ideas and actively take part in our sustainability initiatives. This includes employee grants for eco modes of transport to client meetings and when travelling into the office.
6. Continuous Improvement: We regularly review our environmental performance, set objectives and targets, and look for continual improvements. This includes monitoring key performance indicators, conducting audits, and implementing corrective actions to improve our sustainability efforts.
By adopting these measures, we aim to continually reduce our carbon footprint, conserve natural resources, and promote environmental stewardship and look to become a truly carbon neutral cloud hosting and cyber security business.
We are committed to playing our part in making a sustainable future for generations to come.